You can quickly read the benefits of coconut oil and coconut milk from our “know your ingredients” section.
In this short read, you’ll be apple to produce your coconut oil and coconut milk right in your kitchen. It’s as easy as A, B, C.
So, let’s get right into it
Coconut Milk And Coconut Oil Preparation – Equipment
- Electric Blender
- Warm water
- Measuring cup
- Tiny pore Sieve
Ingredients Needed for Producing Your Coconut Milk
- 2 Big Size Coconut
- 4 cups warm water
Procedure for Making Your Coconut Milk
- Shred your coconut or simply slice the coconut into smaller chunks
- Boil some water till 50 to 60 degrees Celsius
- Add your water and your Shred coconut into your electric blender and blend for 10 to 15 minutes
- Sieve out your Milk and the shredded remnant. Squeeze out the remaining Milk from the coconut remnant
That is your Coconut Milk
Preparation of Your Coconut Oil from Your Coconut Milk
- Place your Milk in the fridge until the following morning. By then, the milk would have separated from the water, be on top, and be semi-solid
- Carefully take the semi-solid coconut milk into a clean pot and begin to cook. Cook for up to 1 hour or till the milk becomes brown
- Then, using a clean handkerchief or a filter paper, separate the coconut oil from the burnt milk
That’s your coconut oil. You can prolong the shelf life by storing in an opaque container, free from light and air.