If you didn’t read the first article on the causes of eczema, some basic cure for eczema, and the explanation of the types of dermatitis, please read it here.
In this short article, we’ll be looking at some home ingredients you can cook-up right in your kitchen…some ingredients that will help you in your quest for your eczema treatment.
DIY Treatment of Eczema
Olive oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acid and reduces inflammation, and apple cider vinegar (used as a disinfectant) is used to soothe burns and inflammation.
- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a clean container.
- Mix it properly
- Deep a cotton wool into the mixture and apply it on the affected area
- Leave it on the affected area for as long as you want
- Apply it twice a day…preferably in the morning and night
Note – Don’t apply apple cider vinegar on a severe eczema as it may cause a lot of skin irritation like stinging and itching
Tea tree and aloe vera are both rich in healing and anti-inflammatory compounds. The tea tree oil can also be used to soothe itchy skin.
- Take 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel or juice
- Add 5-10 drops of tea tree oil
- Using your cotton wool, apply the mixture onto the eczema-affected area
- Leave it for 20 – 30 minutes before you rinse it off
- Repeat the process twice everyday till the eczema leaves
Take Fish Oil –
Using fish oil in high doses, between 4 to 10 grams a day can improve psoriasis and eczema (but ensure you talk to your doctor before taking fish oil). However, some food like herring (shawa fish), walnuts, olive oil, sardines, salmon are also rich in omega-3 (as contained in the fish oil).
Baking Soda As Skin Irritation Relieve
Baking soda can relieve the itchy skin that normally accompany the allergic contact dermatitis.
- Take 1 tablespoon of baking soda and put in into a clean container
- Add 2 cups (250 ml) of water into the baking soda
- Use your cotton wool to apply the mixture to the affected area for a quick relief from itchy skin
Make An Eczema Cream For Eczema Cure
- ½ cup Coconut oil
- ½ cup Shea butter
- 1 tablespoon original honey
- ½ tsp. vitamin E oil
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Create a water bath (Place a bigger pot containing water on your cooker or gas or hotplate or coal pot…anything)
- Combine your coconut oil, vitamin E, shea butter, and honey in a bowl
- Place the bowl into your pot and start stirring till everything combines perfectly
- When it is in liquid state, bring the bowl from the water bath and stir very well
- Add your essential oils and give it a good stir
- Wait till it cools down or you can put it in a fridge to further hasten the solidification.
- When the mixture is thickened, but not too thick, you can then give it a very good stir with your spoon or your hand blender (an electric hand blender is better)
- Transfer it into a clean jar
- Apply it on the affected area twice a day
The Magic of Organic Raw Honey For Eczema Cure
Honey is rich in anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory ingredients that can keep eczema at bay. And its humectant ability can also help draw water to the affected area, which is good for combating eczema.
- Rinse your hand and the affected area
- Pat the hand and the area dry
- Apply little honey on the affected area using your hand
- Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes
- Apply honey on the area 3 times in a day
- You can add some drops of tea tree for the best result.