Eggs contain Omega-3 fatty acid, Vitamin A, D, B2, and B12. It also includes choline, selenium, biotin, molybdenum, iodine, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, proteins, and other skin and hair enhancing ingredients.
Below are some of the uses of eggs for the hair and skin:
Eggs Skin Uses
- Eggs contain albumin, a form of protein that is used to tighten the pores which interns control excess oil secretion. Make a mask with the egg yolk of an egg and 1 Tsp of lemon. And mixture to your face. Let it dry and rinse it with lukewarm water
- Eggs improve the skin texture
- Eggs will give you a glowing complexion.
- Eggs will increase the water content of your skin, treating dry skin problem
- Eggs treat puffiness or eye bags. Apply little egg white on the affected area and let it stay for 7 minutes or till dry. Rinse the area with cold water
- Eggs are used to remove the facial hair, leaving your face feeling smoother
- Egg white is used to sagging skin around the eye
- When an egg is combined with four drops of Tea tree, the mixture can be used to treat acne problems
- The astringent property of egg white will bring out blackheads from the skin surface
- Eggs are used to delay the signs of aging (fine lines and wrinkles)
Eggs Hair Uses
- Eggs will add life to dry and damaged hair, giving you silky and soft hair
- Eggs will provide the needed protein and nourishment to your hair. [See protein treatment in DIY]
- Eggs will condition your hair, making it super shiny and soft
- Eggs will treat frizzy hair problems. Whip 2 Eggs with 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise. Apply the whipped mixture from your hair roots to the hair end. Cover your hair with a cap and leave it for 15 minutes. Shampoo and style as usual
- Eggs will pamper your hair and remove excess oil from your hair
Eggs Side Effects
- Do not use an egg topically if you’re allergic to eating one. You might end up having bumps, inflammation, rashes, and other allergies that are not pleasing.
You may want to perform a patch test before using an egg on your skin care and hair care product