Lavender oil is extracted usually from the flowers of the plant by steam distillation. The Latin name is “Lavare” (meaning “to wash”) because of its pleasant aroma. The Lavender oil can perfectly combine with a lot of other essential oils like nutmeg, geranium, sage, clary, pine, etc.
Uses of Lavender Essential Oil
- Placing Lavender oil on the pillow can induce sleep
- Lavender oil can inhibit the bacteria-causing acne (P.acnes), help to regulate the secretion of sebum, and reduce the signs of scarring when the acne heals
- Lavender oil can reduce a whole lot of body pains like joint pain, backache, tense and sore muscle, etc.
- Lavender oil is effective on nits, lice eggs, and lice.
- Lavender oil is an integral ingredient in the treatment of hair loss (male pattern baldness)
- Regular use of Lavender can help the body to create resistance to a whole lot of diseases like diphtheria, typhoid, Tuberculosis.
- Lavender essential oil, when combined with chamomile essential oil, can be used to treat eczema
- Lavender oil is rich in antifungal and antiseptic properties, which makes it useful in the treatment of psoriasis, wrinkles, acne.
Side Effects of Lavender Essential Oil
- Patient with diabetes should stay away from lavender oil. Also, nursing mothers and pregnant women should stay off the oil.
- Lavender oil can also have a negative reaction in some people (once you notice any unusual reaction like vomiting, stooling, blurred vision, burning eyes, diarrhea, or any other negative reaction, please stay off Lavender.