If you have sunburns on your face, it shows that the UVB sunray has taken its toll on your skin. It clearly shows that you’ve been exposing yourself to too much sunlight, which is not good for your body.
However, if you have a sunburn, this DIY sunburn cream will soothe the inflammation resulting from the burn and help you fade the dark, unpleasing mark on your face and body.
It is tagged as the best sunburn relief by those who tried it (most of which have tried a lot of other sunburn treatments with no result).
So, let’s get started.
Equipment You’ll Be Needing For Your Sunburn Lotion
- Double Boiler
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Storage container
- Hand mixer
Ingredients for Your Sunburn Cure
- 1 Carrots
- ½ cucumber
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ½ tsp beeswax
- ½ tsp Ewax
- 4 Tbsp Aloe vera gel
- ½ Vitamin C
- 10 drops lavender essential Oil
Preparation of Your Sunburn Cream
- Grate both the carrot and cucumber
- Transfer the grated fruit into your pot. Add your sesame oil
- On a low heat, infuse the fruit in the oil for 30 minutes. After, let the fruit remain in the oil for another 1 hour
- Sieve out your oil from the fruit (discard the fruit)
- Now, on your double boiler, add your infused oil, beeswax, and e-wax into the oil. Allow all to melt
- Then add your aloe vera gel and vitamin c powder into the oil
- Whip very well until the whole ingredients blend together
- Add your essential oil and mix some more
- Transfer the lotion to your sterilized jar and allow the mixture to cool and thicken
- That is your sunburn cream
Application of Your Best Sunburn Relief
- Apply a thumb-size quantity to the affected area. Use in the morning and late at night till you see changes