Sweet Almond oil is rich in zinc, potassium, proteins, fatty acids, and a lot of vitamins and other minerals that can help us to achieve a flawless hair and skin.
There are two types of almond oil: sweet almond oil and bitter almond oil. The sweet almond oil is extracted from edible almond (Prunus amygdalus var. dulcis). It is popularly used for hair and skin care. And it is the type of almond oil that is commonly used in cosmetic preparations.
Bitter almond oil, on the other hand, is extracted from bitter almond that contains amygdalin that gets converted to hydrocyanic acid after it goes through processing.
Uses of Sweet Almond Oil
- Sweet Almond oil can be used for deep cleaning the skin
- When added to sugar (brown or white sugar), Sweet Almond Oil can be used to exfoliate the skin and scalp
- Sweet Almond oil, rich in antioxidant, can be used to achieve a smooth, flawless skin
- Sweet Almond oil can be used to relieve Psoriasis and Eczema
- Sweet Almond oil can be used to remove tan and dark circles
- Sweet Almond oil can be used to reduce signs on aging like fine lines and wrinkles
- Sweet Almond oil can be used to treat skin rashes
- Rubbing Sweet Almond oil on the scalp can stimulate hair growth
- Sweet Almond oil can help you achieve long, shiny hairs
- The vitamins, iron, and B-complex in Sweet Almond oil can improve the health of your nails
- Sweet Almond oil can reduce hair loss
Side Effects of Sweet Almond Oil
Some people can show some allergic reaction to the use of almond oil. Some of the reactions are difficulty in breathing, rashes, and so many others. Once you notice any irritation or reaction to the use of Almond oil, you should stop its use immediately.