What! That little round thing that makes me cry has benefits? That can’t be true. Well, That was what I thought initially about Onions. But hell no. It has a lot of health, skin, and hair benefits than you can imagine. Read on and you’ll get to know some of them.
Onions are vegetables known as alubosa in some part of Nigeria. There are different types of onions – leek, green onions, shallots, red onions, white onions, sweet onions, yellow onions, etc.
Onions contain potassium, iron, folate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, vitamin E, protein, zinc, magnesium, and other hair and skin enhancers. Less I forget. Onions are loaded with anti-inflammatory, antioxidants, antidepressants, etc.
Onions Skin Benefits
- Onions rejuvenate the skin and shield it from the harmful effect of the UV rays
- Onion juice will remove dark spots, suntan, and other skin pigmentations from your skin. Apply the mixture of Neem oil, onion juice, and tomato juice (all mixed in equal proportion) on your face for 30 minutes. Rinse off, repeat for up to 2 weeks, twice a day, and watch your acne run.
- Onions contain Sulfur that will make your skin supple
- Onions have quercetin, a powerful antioxidant, that will keep aging signs (wrinkles, Fine lines, etc.) at bay
- Onion contains anti-inflammatory that will soothe bug bites and stings. It reduces swelling, itching, burn, and other inflammation that comes with insect bites
- Continuous application of Onion juice on your mole will eradicate it. You should be persistent with the application
- Onion contains phytochemicals, phytonutrients, flavonoids compounds that play a major role in keeping your skin healthy and young
- Onions get rid of dry and dead skin cells, which improves the inner skin glow
- Onions are effective for making the lips soft and healthy
- Applying the mixture of ½ Tablespoon of Yogurt with 1 Tablespoon of Onion juice will keep your skin hydrated and moisturized
Onions Hair Uses
- Do you have thinning hair? Applying a mixture of Onion and Honey to your hair three times a week will solve the problem
- Onions are effective for treating dandruff. Make a paste with lemon peel, yogurt, and onion juice. Apply the mixture to your scalp and rinse after some minutes
- Onions contain a lot of properties that will make your hair grow
- Onion juice will help you maintain your hair color and treat scalp problem
- Using Onion as your natural hair conditioner will get rid of dryness and frizzy hair
Onion Side Effects
- Onion can make your eyes watery. Reduce this problem by washing your Onion in a clean water
- Onion has a pungent smell that may irritate some people. Neutralize this smell with some lemon juice.