You might want to look at the causes of dark knuckles before delving into the 6 home remedies for dark knuckles.
Now, let’s get started.
The Basic Steps
- Dump the Terrible Feeling – Agreed. Your friends keep talking about your dark knuckles…which is making you sad by the day. Stop! You don’t need that. Remember, the more you feel this way, the more you’ll dent your confidence. All I want you to do is to be committed. And that’s all.
- Apply Sunscreen – Natural sunscreen ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide can shield you from the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun, thereby preventing your skin from tanning…which might result in your knuckles, knees, and elbows getting dark.
- Apply moisturizers – Moisturizer is as important as your sunscreen. Do ensure you apply your moisturizer diligently, not missing your elbows, knees, and knuckles.
6 Home Remedies for Dark Knuckles
Below are some DIYs you can prepare right in your kitchen to bleach dark knuckles. They are
Honey + Lemon Wonder
- Pour 1 tablespoon of honey into a bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon and stir very well
- Apply the mixture to your dark knuckles, elbow, knees
- Allow it to stay in the affected area for 20 minutes
- Then rinse off with water
- Repeat this process twice daily until you see the result
DIY Knuckle Scrub Recipe
- 8 tablespoons of sugar (white or brown)
- Half a tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon/carrot oil
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl and mix very well.
- Pour the content into a jar and seal tight
- Apply on the knuckle, elbow, or knees, and scrub gently using a pumice stone. Do that for 2 minutes
- Repeat the process every day until you see the result
Milk And Rice Flour Magic for Discolored Knuckles
- Make a thick paste with milk and rice flour
- Rub the paste on the dark knuckles, elbow, and knees for 5 to 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with tepid water
- Repeat this process at least twice a week
- You can also rub the paste on your entire body
Baking Soda And Rose Water And Lemon And Glycerin for Brown Spot on Knuckles
- Make a paste with baking soda and rose water
- Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it for 5 minutes
- Then slice your lemon in half, take apart and dip it in your vegetable glycerin
- Start rubbing the lemon-glycerin on your dark knuckles or other areas for the next 6 to 10 minutes
- Then leave it for another 15 minutes before rinsing your hands with ordinary water
- You can repeat this process at least twice a week
Gram Flour And Egg White And Honey for Knuckles Pigmentation
I don’t like anything that has to do with eggs (but I’m working on this). But if you’re comfortable with eggs, then this DIY is for you
- Make a paste with 2 tablespoons of gram flour, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 egg white
- Apply this paste on your dark knuckles, knees, and elbows for up to 20 minutes daily
- After 20 minutes, wet the area with ordinary water and start rubbing the area gently with a pumice stone
- Do that for 4 minutes and you’ll notice your knuckles getting lighter and your hands getting softer.
Potato Paste for Knuckles Turning Black
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 potato
- 3-4 drops of lemon juice
- Half teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- A quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Slice your potato and cook it till it becomes soft
- Mash your potato and add the rest of the ingredients, making them into a paste
- Apply this paste to the affected area and leave for 30 minutes
- Sprinkle your hand with ordinary water and use your pumice stone to rub gently the area for 5 minutes
- Rinse off with tepid water
- Repeat the process at least twice a week
Of course, I don’t expect you to carry out all these DIYs. Just look for the one you consider suitable and get t work on your dark knuckles. Also remember, you need to be patient. All the above methods are organic…organic needs time and repetition.
If you’re committed to your routine, you’ll begin to see visible changes in the way your dark knuckles, elbows, knees, toes, and other dark of your body looks.