The uses of tea tree oil are numerous.
Tea tree Essential Oil (melaleuca oil) is extracted by distillation from the leaves of the tea tree plant. Tea tree oil has over 100 components, some of which are 1,8-cineole, terpinolene, terpinene-4-ol, p-cymere, a-terpineol, etc.
Tea tree is an essential oil. And it can be combined with different cosmetic ingredients to achieve a lot of skin and hair goals.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil Skin
- Tea tree oil can promote a glowing skin
- Tea tree oil contains antimicrobial properties that can keep acne at bay. Its anti-inflammatory property also provides soothing relief to the acne spot
- Tea tree oil can erase scars and infections, and treat cuts
- Tea tree oil can fight and prevent skin cancer
- Tea tree oil can treat eczema and psoriasis
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil in Hair
- Tea tree can reduce hair fall
- When mixed with a carrier oil like olive or coconut oil, the mixture can cleanse the hair
- When added to your hair shampoo, the mixture can get rid of hair dandruff
Side effects of Tea Tree Oil
- In some skin, tea tree oil can cause itching, scaling, rash, eczema, and warmth
- It can also leave some burning skin sensation in some people
- It can cause inflammation of the mouth
Don’t forget to visit our DIY section for more helpful skin and hair tips.