Still unsure if it’s worth buying a microcurrent machine for a face? Today, microcurrent facial treatment is loved by many beauticians. Read our post to learn everything you need to know about microcurrent machines, their benefits, how to use them, and more.
If you are looking for a safe and natural alternative to fillers and botox, you are in the right place! Here, we’ll discuss an innovative anti-aging tool in the beauty industry that can instantly make your face look younger – it’s a microcurrent machine.
You probably have tons of questions! What is a microcurrent machine? How does it work? Can a microcurrent machine help to get rid of those wrinkles? Is it really effective? What are its benefits? Here, we’ll break down everything you need to know about microcurrent machines for a face!
What Is a Microcurrent Machine?
A microcurrent machine is a tool used by aestheticians to enhance skin elasticity & firmness, drain away puffiness and eliminate fine lines & wrinkles. It serves to sculpt your face and restore a youthful and glowing complexion.
Microcurrent isn’t really new. Initially, a microcurrent machine was used as a medical device for healing atrophy in patients with Bell’s palsy and muscle paralysis. When patients’ faces unexpectedly became more glowing and healthy, microcurrent was picked up by aestheticians too.
How Does AMicrocurrent Machine Work?
The device uses low-voltage electricity to stimulate collagen production, adenosine triphosphate (ATP) cell growth, and work out facial muscles. It triggers the body’s natural signals that promote tissue repair and natural skin enhancement chemicals are released at a cellular level.
Microcurrent facial has shown to be an effective procedure for those, who want to reduce wrinkles and have younger-looking, healthy, radiant skin. Joanna Vargas, a celebrity beautician and founder of Joanna Vargas Skincare, reverently speaks about microcurrent facial “cumulative effect” and recommends starting this type of treatment in one’s late 20s.
At-Home Vs. In-Clinic Microcurrent Facial: Which is better?
It depends on your age, skin condition, and your goals. If you’re about 50 and see signs of aging or need fast results, you should seek help from a qualified provider. Choose a reliable clinic where you’ll find licensed and certified specialists who can deal with a professional microcurrent machine, as Elizabeth Barletta says. They usually pair microcurrent technology with other skincare methods, e.g., facial massage, peels, LED, high frequency, radiofrequency, and more. This way you can achieve almost immediate, dramatic results!
Younger people can get away with using at-home devices. All you need is to find the overall best microcurrent machine for home use, and carefully read the manual to learn how to use your new microcurrent machine.
Aesthetics also recommends combining professional microcurrent facials with at-home tools for a greater, long-lasting effect.
Microcurrent Machine Benefits
1. Using a microcurrent machine for the face is painless – it’s a much gentler experience than you may imagine. The old adage “No pain, no gain” doesn’t apply to microcurrent facial! Most people feel pulsating contractions of the musicals or a slight tingling sensation. They find it as pleasurable as a zen spa.
2. Microcurrent machines can be used for body skin tightening – some machines feature various-sized probes and bigger ones can be used not only for the face but also for the neck and other body parts.
3. It provides natural lift – microcurrent facial is a botox-free, non-invasive facelift procedure. As we mentioned above, it tightens the facial muscles and connective tissues due to muscle contractions. This, in turn, diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
If you previously used botox and it caused atrophy, microcurrent facial can help you a lot – it’ll re-stimulate frozen muscles.
4. Microcurrent treatment helps lift jowls and eyebrows – it releases the tension of this muscle group while encouraging them to hold its tone and shape. However, you must be careful with your eyes when using a microcurrent machine since a high current can adversely affect them.
5. It improves circulation – microcurrent brings nutrients and oxygen to the skin and removes carbon dioxide & waste. Thanks to this your skin will remain healthy and radiant.
6. The results are instantly visible – many people tell that after just one procedure they notice better-looking, tighter, smoother skin, lifted brows, more prominent cheekbones, and a more defined jawline.
7. Microcurrent enhances skincare products penetration – everything you put on the skin before a microcurrent will go deeper into your dermis and allow it to reap the full benefit of the skincare products. However, make sure not to apply any irritating or harsh solutions within the 24 hours leading up to the microcurrent treatment.
8. It’s a perfect sun damage treatment – the skin can become dry and wrinkled because of the sun damage. Microcurrent facial infuses hydration back into the dermis, it restores the moisture on a deeper level. Always make sure to keep your skin well-hydrated and it’ll look plump and revitalized.
Is Microcurrent Facial Safe?
This treatment is completely safe for most people. However, as you already know, a microcurrent machine utilizes a low-grade electrical current. So, those who have pacemakers or suffer from any kind of heart disease, diabetes, and epilepsy should avoid this type of skincare. Expecting mothers are advised against microcurrent facials as well. Next, if you have any skin sensitivities, allergies, or chronic acne, do discuss these issues with your healthcare provider before starting this treatment.
Either home-based or professional, microcurrent facial is an amazing treatment! It’s loved by many aesthetics and celebrities like Bella Hadid, Jenifer Aniston, Miranda Kerr, Kate Hudson, etc. Using a microcurrent machine for the face on a regular basis can work wonders for the skin – it effectively delays the signs of aging. Try this treatment and you’ll get flooded with compliments!
Have any anti-aging tips and tricks? Reveal your own secrets on how to keep the face in good shape in the comment section below!
Author’s Bio: Rachel Hudson is a copywriter with 5+ years of experience. She writes on topics related to health, beauty, and fitness. Rachel’s keen on makeup, she enjoys testing cosmetics and sharing her experience through writing.