Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, which is a crystalline-whitish powder. It contains a lot of antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antifungal properties. Baking soda can combine with virtually any cosmetic ingredients. It is water soluble and it’s alkaline.
Uses of Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
- Baking soda can easily combat your pimples and acne
- Whiten your teeth with baking soda
- Baking soda can soothe the effect of sunburned skin, burning sensation, and itching. Just add 2 Tbsp of baking soda in a cup of cold water. Use your cotton wool to apply the mixture to the affected area. Repeat for twice or three times daily.
- Baking soda can give you an even skin tone
- Baking soda can treat yellow or stained nails
- Baking soda can treat body odor by absorbing sweat and moisture from the armpit and groin area. It can also kill the bacteria that usually break down sweat which results in body odor
- Baking soda can treat oily and smelly hair. Just mix 1 part of baking soda with 3 parts of water. Apply it on your damp hair. And rinse off after 10 minutes with tepid water. Repeat twice every month for maximum result.
- Baking soda can help to remove dandruff
- Baking soda can treat nail fungus
- Baking soda can heal itchiness and skin rashes
Side Effects of Baking Soda
- Baking soda can cause skin irritation in some people. Apart from the irritation, excessive use of baking soda as a teeth whitener can erode the gum. Frequent use of sodium bicarbonate on the skin and hair can cause severe damage to them.