Banana is one of the most eaten fruit in the world. Banana is called Ogede in a tribe in Africa. It comes in a different firmness, sizes, and colors – Red bananas, lady finger bananas, Cavendish bananas, Apple bananas, etc.
Banana is loaded with a lot of antioxidant properties and other hair and skin enhancing ingredients like amino acids, zinc, Vitamin A, B, E, K, potassium, sodium, copper, iron, calcium, and magnesium.
Whether you consume bananas orally or you use them topically, they help to promote natural beauty. Even the Banana Peel contains Vitamin B6 and B12, protein, potassium, and fiber.
Banana Skin Uses
- The inside of Banana Peel has been found to whiten the teeth
- Banana will reduce the inflammation from mosquito bites and other insects attack. Just rub the inside of the Banana Peel on the affected area
- Rubbing Banana Peel on Psoriasis, warts, and itchy skin can give you an instant relief from the accompanied inflammation
- Rubbing the inside of Banana Peel on acne for 5 minutes can treat the problem
- Banana mashed with sugar and Honey will remove your dead skin, leaving your skin feeling new and glowing
- Apply a mashed Banana on puffy eyes to treat the problem
- Banana is used to treat cracked heels, making it supple and soft
- Banana contains a lot of skin-enhancing properties that will slow down aging signs – wrinkles and fine lines. Make a mask with a mashed banana, 1 tablespoon of Avocado oil, and 1 Teaspoon of honey. Apply the mask on your face and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing the mask with a tepid water
- Banana will add the required glow to your skin. Mash up a banana and add an equal amount of yogurt to it. Apply it on your face and leave it for 15 minutes
- Banana Peel will fade dark spots
- Banana with lemon juice will control the excess oil on the face. Mash up a ripe banana and add 1 Teaspoon of lemon to it. Apply it on the face and leave it for 20 minutes
Banana Hair Benefits
- Banana will repair damaged hair. It supplies the hair root and strands with the much-needed moisture. Mashup 1 ripe banana, 4 Tablespoons of coconut milk, ½ Tablespoon Coconut oil, and 1 Tsp of honey. Blend everything together. Divide your hair into 6 or 8 sections and apply the mask to your sectioned hair. Then cover your hair with a plastic cap and leave it for 35 minutes. Then rinse it with a warm water and apply your leave-in conditioner
- Banana will promote your hair growth. Blend 2 ripe banana with 1 Teaspoon of honey, 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil, and 2 eggs. Blend the ingredients until they are lump free. Apply the mixture to your sectioned hair and leave it for 35 minutes. Rinse with cold water and shampoo afterward
- Banana strengthens, nourish, and hydrate your split end. Blend 2 ripe banana with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, 2 Tablespoon Coconut milk, and 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil. Apply the mixture to your dry hair ends from the roots to the end of your hair. Then cover with a plastic cap. Rinse after 35 minutes and shampoo afterward with a Sulfate-free hair shampoo.
- Banana can make an excellent ingredient in making your shampoo
- Banana will add shine to your hair when mixed with Olive oil and egg white
- Banana will make your hair strong when mixed with yogurt
Banana Side Effects For Hair and Skin
- Banana has a short shelf life. So, most usages are limited to once or twice at most
- There are little or no side effects from the topical use of Banana. However, as always, the skin may react to the use of Banana, leaving some allergic reactions