Cinnamon is gotten from the inner bark of the tree genus Cinnamomum. It has been used for centuries in Chinese and Ayurvedic to cure indigestion, flu, cancer, etc. This spice contains iron, calcium, magnesium, fiber…useful for enhancing the skin and hair.
It is best processed into a powder form. Hence, it can be added to a wide range of ingredients to achieve a whole lot of hair and skin benefits.
Uses of Cinnamon
- Cinnamon can cure blemishes, pimples, and acne. You can add honey to form a paste with it
- Cinnamon can restore suppleness and shine to the skin by removing the dead skin
- Cinnamon is a great complexion enhancer
- Cinnamon brings blood and oxygen to the surface of the skin, increasing the screen suppleness that can reduce or eliminate fine lines
- Applying cinnamon with honey combination to the skin can cure cuts and wounds, and eliminate skin infection like ringworm
- Cinnamon is a strong antioxidant and mixing it with lemon can give you smooth and soft feet
- Cinnamon can stimulate hair growth when mixed with olive oil, honey, and egg. This mixture can also exfoliate the scalp
- Mixing cinnamon powder with your hair conditioner can lighten your hair color
- Cinnamon can help to treat diabetes when ingested over a period of 2 to 3 months
- Cinnamon can combat bad breath
- Cinnamon can fight viruses and bacteria
Side Effects of Cinnamon
- Just like other ingredients, cinnamon can irritate the skin of some people. Please avoid the use of any cinnamon-containing products the moment you notice a side effect