Do you have the lumpy, dimpled appearance of cellulite on your butt, thighs, or hips that you’ll like to eliminate? Are you tired of the cottage cheese, orange peel appearance that graces your skin every time you look in the mirror? This DIY anti cellulite cream recipe may just be what you’ve been looking for. Read on to see the whole ingredient and procedure.
Little About Cellulite
Do toxins cause cellulite? Are only women prone to having cellulite? These and many other questions keep popping up in the mind of people as they research about cellulite. Toxins aren’t responsible for cellulite.
When the fat cells in the subcutis (the third layer of the skin) breaks into the connective tissue in the dermis (the second and the largest layer of the skin), you will have the orange peel appearance.
Also, cellulite is more prevalent in women because of the way the fat layer and connective tissues are arranged (vertically) while the tissues and fat layer are scattered in men, which explains why men rarely have cellulite.
As we age, the estrogen level depletes, which affects the collagen and elastin production (essential fibers responsible for giving the skin its elasticity and flexibility). When this happens, the connective tissues become week, and the fat cells enlarge, making the fat cells to easily bully the connective tissue and alter the skin’s appearance.
Anyone can have cellulite: fat, thin, young, old, male, and female.
What You Need To Get The Best of This DIY Anti Cellulite Cream
- You need to use your DIY Cellulite Scrub to help melt the excess fat cells away from the skin
- You need to exercise. I suggest doing some stand-up squats for at least 2 minutes daily
- You need to stop smoking and excess alcohol intake
- You need to limit fat, carbohydrate, and salt intake
Equipment for Your DIY Anti Cellulite Cream
- Double Boiler
- A storage container (dark jar preferred)
- Measuring spoon
- Two bowls
- Kitchen thermometer
- 6 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon Beeswax
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 3 drops Phenoxyethanol (preservative)
- In a clean bowl, add your coconut oil, beeswax, and witch hazel
- Transfer it on your double boiler and heat till the wax dissolves
- Bring down the container and stir slowly
- Using your kitchen thermometer, measure the temperature of your mixture. Ensure the mixture has dropped down to 45 degrees Celsius or less
- Add your essential oil and stir very well – until you achieve a cream
- Add your preservative
- Transfer into your clean jar, and that’s it.
Application of your DIY Anti Cellulite Cream
- Taking a little cream, apply it on the affected area. You may apply it twice or once a day.
- The best cycle is to exercise, use your DIY Cellulite Scrub and then this DIY Anti Cellulite Cream.
So that’s it on DIY Anti Cellulite Cream. I hope you find it helpful. If you do, please drop your comments below. Thanks for reading!