Are you on the fence as to whether you should add dry body brushing to your already busy skincare routine? This short read will open your eyes to a lot of benefits that comes with dry brushing, and why you should jump at it starting from this very moment. Before that, let me explain some vital things to you.
What is Dry Body Brushing?
Dry body brushing is the process whereby you use a natural bristle brush to sweep your entire body so that it improves the appearance of the skin and help the skin expels more toxins from your body.
As you already know that the skin is the largest organ and the toxin eliminator, dry body brushing will go a long way in improving the look of this organ. And help it to perform optimally.
The Best Way To Go About Dry Body Brushing
- Get a non-synthetic (natural bristle brush) with a long handle so that you can reach your back and the whole body
- Get naked (of course)
- Start brushing from your feet, moving the brush in an upward motion toward your heart (ALWAYS BRUSH TOWARDS YOUR HEART EXCEPT FOR YOUR BACK). Reason is that the lymphatic fluid flows through the body toward the heart.
- Brush your back from the neck down to the lower back
- Do not brush sunburnt skin, boils, wounds, and cancer. And be careful around your breast, chest, and private.
- Brush for at least 5 minutes
- Shower afterward with tepid water to remove dead skin
- After you shower, apply your emollient-rich skin moisturizer (like coconut oil and rosehip oil)
- Dry brush every day (twice daily recommended) and you’ll love your skin appearance over time
5 Benefits of Dry Brushing
Dry Brushing Eliminates Clogged Pores so that more nutrients can sip into your pores into the dermis where they do the most good. It also makes your skin breath easily.
Do you have a cottage cheese skin appearance on your butt, stomach, thighs, or other body areas? Dry body brushing can help fade these marks. When you dry brush your body, you help the body eliminate accumulated fats and toxins, thereby smoothening the skin.
Stimulates Lymphatic System
Dry brushing improves blood circulation and lymphatic drainage, discharging toxins from the body so that it can perform optimally.
Removes Dead Skin Cells
Want to have a silky smooth, glowing skin? Dry brushing scrubs your skin, removing the top, dull skin layer so that the new, beautiful skin can see the light of the day.
Improves Your Confidence
You all know that without cellulite, and with supple and glowing skin, you can flaunt your beautiful body at the beach, pool, or wherever you want. No more hiding under long clothes. Hence, your confidence will skyrocket, making you happy and vibrant all year round.
By now you should know that dry body brushing is essential for your body and skin function. Devote just 5 minutes a day to this new skin routine and watch how beautiful you start looking from the inside out.