Do you have dry, “cracky” face you’ll like to be supple, smooth, and moisturized again? This “how to treat dry skin on face” content will help you with some quick diys. By adhering to the instructions I give, you’ll soon be having a fabulous facial skin.
Dry Skin: The Cause
It is true people with dry skin have little to worry about breakouts, that doesn’t make them immune to skin challenges. Dry skin comes with wrinkles, saggy skin, crow’s feet, fine lines, and more aging signs.
The skin’s inability to retain the needed moisture is as a result of the weak intracellular matric – the powerful force that holds all skin cell together. When this happens, the skin loses its ability to retain the needed moisture, leading to dry skin.
While it is true that hereditary is the common determinant of dry skin, factors such as sunlight, hot water, prolonged swimming and bathing, and using harsh, harmful skin ingredients can also dry out a normal skin.
How to Treat Dry Skin on Face
Aloe Vera Plus Rose Water
If all you have as your skin care ingredient is aloe vera, your skin will appreciate you immensely. Aloe vera is rich in skin-enhancing properties, adding life to dry, dull skin.
- In an empty bowl, add 1 tsp of aloe vera
- Add 10 drops of rose water
- Stir very well
- Add the mixture on face and leave till overnight or as long as you want
Coconut Oil Plus Rose Water
While the comedogenic rating of coconut oil is high – it has a high potential of clogging pores – (see comedogenic ratings of cosmetic ingredients) people with dry skin can benefit from clogged pores, which means less water loss and a moisturized face and skin.
- Coconut oil
- Take equal part of coconut oil and rose water
- Mix very well (of course, oil and water may not mix. Just stir and make sure you get both ingredients on your cotton wool).
- Using your cotton wool, apply the mixture to your face
- Leave for up to 15 minutes before rinsing with tepid water
Banana Plus Yogurt
If you think it’s only your tongue that loves good stuff, think again. The skin also benefits from these minerals and nutrients filled food.
- Get a medium-size banana (at least bigger than your finger). Mash until smooth
- Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Mix the two together. Apply the mixture to your face
- Leave for up to 20 minutes before rinsing off
- Apply 2 to 4 times a week
Castor oil is one of the heaviest carrier oil in the world. Your dry face needs oils in the mold of castor oil, making it supple, soft, smooth, and well moisturized.
- Using your cotton wool, apply your castor oil on your face at night
- Leave it overnight (You don’t even need to rinse off if you want).
So, that’s it guys. I hope you find “how to treat dry skin on face” helpful. If you have more questions, please use the contact us button on the page. Thanks for reading.