Kukui Nut Oil is produced from cold-pressing the seed of the Kukui tree. The Kukui tree is also called the Candlenut tree (Aleurites moluccans).
Kukui Nut Oil has a light yellow color with a shelf life of 12 to 14 months (the shelf life depends on your ability to keep the oil from light).
The Kukui Nut Oil has been used for many years throughout the islands of Hawaii. The oil has been used for various religious ceremonies, in cosmetic use, and even for producing candles.
Kukui Nut Oil contains essential fatty acids (Linolenic and Linoleic), Vitamin E, A, D, and C, and many other minerals and antioxidants.
Kukui Nut Oil Skin Uses
- Kukui Nut Oil is loaded with anti-inflammatory ingredients that prevent the inflammation caused by psoriasis, rosacea, and eczema
- Kukui Nut Oil will moisturize and prevent your skin from cracking
- Kukui Nut Oil is used to heal insect bites, abrasion or cuts, bruise, scratch, scraps, and other wounds
- Kukui Nut Oil will minimize the appearance of aging signs like fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and other blemishes
- Kukui Nut Oil will minimize the appearance of stretch marks when applied daily on the affected area
- Kukui Nut Oil will polish your skin, revealing the inner, glowing skin
- Kukui Nut Oil is a choice for burn relief. It also inhibits pain receptors
- Kukui Nut Oil can easily penetrate the skin, leaving it smooth and supple
- Kukui Nut Oil forms a protective barrier that protects the skin from the sun rays
- Kukui Nut Oil is loaded with antimicrobial properties that protect the skin against the effect of bacteria
Kukui Nut Oil Hair Uses
- Kukui Nut Oil is used for the treatment of dry and damaged hair due to the effect of wind, sun, and other elements
- Kukui Nut Oil will relieve dry, itchy scalp
- Kukui Nut Oil will treat hair dandruff
- The essential fatty acid (gamma-linoleic acid) in Kukui Nut Oil makes it an ideal ingredient for your leave-in conditioner, which will seal moisture to the hair, add shine and luster
- Kukui Nut Oil penetrate through the hair shaft, leaving your hair looking moisturized and healthy
Kukui Nut Oil Side Effects
- Kukui Nut Oil has a short shelf life of 1 year. The shelf life could further reduce by exposing the oil to light
- Kukui Nut Oil, like other Carrier oils, can leave some skin with some allergic reactions like itching, redness, etc.
- Using an expired Kukui Nut Oil may cause diarrhea, nausea, stomach upset, and other gastrointestinal side effects.
Always conduct a patch test before using any oil. And if you notice any irritation, you should desist from using this oil