Lime Essential Oil contains restorative, hemostatic, disinfectant, bactericidal, astringent, antiviral, antiseptic properties that make it a great essential oil for your skin and hair. It has a tart, citrus scent.
Lime Essential Oil contains Alpha Pinene, Citral, Cineole, Myrcene, and other compounds. It is extracted by steam distillation of the dried peel or by cold compression of fresh lime peels.
So, below are some of the hair and skin uses of Lime Essential Oil.
5 Lime Essential Oil Skin Uses
- Lime Essential Oil prevents signs of aging (delays the formation of wrinkles and fine lines)
- Lime Essential Oil can be used to cure a toothache and prevent your teeth from falling out
- Lime Essential Oil prevents viral infections like measles, chicken and smallpox, and mumps
- Lime Essential Oil cures infections on the skin like psoriasis, rashes, sores, and also speed up your wound healing
- Lime Essential Oil can enhance your mood when combined with other essential oils. You may also diffuse it when you want to have a refreshing room
Lime Essential Oil Hair Uses
- Lime Essential Oil will prevent hair loss and also add shine to your hair
Lime Essential Oil Hair and Skin Side Effects and Precautions
- Lime Essential Oil may leave your skin with tingling sensation and also make your skin to be highly susceptible to the effect of UV rays
- You should avoid using Lime Essential Oil when you’re pregnant and lactating
- It is recommended that you carry out a patch test before adding Lime Essential Oil to your skin or hair care product