The therapeutic Mustard Oil is extracted from the seeds (oro mustadi) of the mustard plant. It is either the seeds are ground, mixed with water, and the oil separated from the water by steam distillation. Or the seed is cold pressed to get a vegetable-like oil.
Mustard Oil has a dark yellow to reddish color and it has a sharp, pungent aroma. Mustard Oil has been used by the Greeks and the Romans for thousands of years back, using it as medicine, adding it to wine, and the oil serves as a treatment for insect bites and scorpion stings.
Mustard Oil is loaded with a lot of skin and hair enhancing ingredients like omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, Vitamin b12, C, B6, A, calcium, magnesium, iron, sodium, and others.
9 Mustard Oil Skin Uses
· Do you have dark spots and tan on your skin? Massaging Mustard Oil mixed with lemon juice, and Turmeric powder to form a paste will remove your spot
· Mustard Oil is loaded with antioxidants that will keep free radicals at bay, slowing down your aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines
· The anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial properties of Mustard Oil makes it ideal for treating skin infections and rashes
· Splatter some Mustard Oil on your skin before applying your sunscreen. It will further protect you from the harmful effect of the sun
· Mustard Oil will even out your skin and also lightens your skin
· Mustard Oil will add glow to your skin and fade off pigmentations
· Mustard Oil will treat your chapped lips and make it supple and kissable
· Mustard Oil acts as a natural detoxifier, removing unwanted water, salts, and toxins from your body. It also reduces your body temperature
· Use Mustard Oil in your skincare product if you have a saggy, loose skin
5 Mustard Oil Hair Uses
· Are you experiencing hair loss? The rich properties in Mustard Oil will combat this problem for you
· Mustard Oil will Nourish your hair follicles and strengthen your head muscles, resulting in fast hair growth. Massage your scalp with this Oil and cover the head with a cap till overnight. Wash with your regular shampoo when you wake up
· Mustard Oil will prevent premature graying of the hair
· Mustard Oil strengthens your scalp health. You can mix equal part of Mustard Oil with Olive Oil and Coconut Oil. Massage the mixture into your hair from the root up to the tip. Massage your scalp for 3 minutes and cover your hair with a warm towel for 15 minutes. Shampoo and style as usual.
· Mustard Oil curbs itchy scalp and dandruff problems
Other Mustard Oil Uses
· Brushing your teeth with your toothpaste mixed with lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and Mustard Oil will whiten your teeth over time
· The antibacterial and antifungal properties of Mustard Oil will prevent you from getting mouth infection. You can swish the oil before Brushing your teeth occasionally.
Mustard Oil Side Effects and Caution
· This Oil may leave some people with allergies like itching, redness, swellings, and others. If you notice any of these, Please stop the use of this oil and consider other alternatives like Sesame oil
· Always CONDUCT a patch test before using any Carrier and Essential oil