Used as a spice in the kitchen for centuries, Nutmeg is known for its aphrodisiac and aromatic properties. Nutmeg is rich in body-enhancing nutrients: sodium, potassium, protein, carbohydrate, magnesium, vitamin B-6, Iron, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, and Calcium. Hence, its inclusion in daily meals.
Nutmeg plant is similar to an apricot, and it is a tropical plant that grows very tall.
The numerous nutrients in the nutmeg make it a potent skin and hair enhancer. So, let’s consider some of these benefits.
Nutmeg Skin Benefits
- Nutmeg helps to fade skin blemishes like black spot, scars, and other beauty-diminishing blemishes.
Make a scrub with milk powder, neem oil, and some drops of tea tree essential oil. Rub the scrub, in a circular motion, on the affected area. Wait for 5 minutes before rinsing off with cold or tepid water. You should see a lot of improvement before 7 days.
- Nutmeg is loaded with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that come handy in treating various inflammatory skin conditions.
- Nutmeg is used to treat wounds and cuts
Just make a paste with honey. Apply the mixture to your face and rinse with cold water after 30 minutes. Do this before you go to bed
- Nutmeg contains antioxidants that attack free radicals, thereby slowing down the aging process.
- The anti-fungal and anti-depressant in nutmegs prevent depression and fungal activities in the body
- Nutmeg eradicates puffy eyes
Make a paste with aloe vera juice and baking soda. Apply the paste to the affected area (be careful so that the application doesn’t get into your eyes). Leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse of with cold water. You should see an improvement in 3 days.
- Nutmeg is an important ingredient in eradicating acne and acne blemishes.
Make a paste with an equal quantity of cinnamon with your original honey. Apply the mixture to your face when you wake up in the morning, and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse with cold or tepid water. This mixture will eliminate acne and scars.
- Nutmeg will make your skin to glow and feel supple.
Make a paste with your goat milk. Apply the mixture to your face every day. Leave the mixture on for 30 minutes. Rinse with tepid water, and you’ll notice your face glowing
Nutmeg Hair Benefits
- Nutmeg reduces hair fall
Use nutmeg as part of the ingredient in your dry shampoo to increase blood circulation to your scalp. This will add more volume to your hair while keeping it shiny and silky.
- Nutmeg adds luster and shine to the hair
Nutmeg Hair and Skin Side Effects
- There is no information about the side effects of nutmeg. But, just like other skin and hair care ingredients, it will be a good practice to conduct a patch test before adding nutmeg to your list of safe cosmetic ingredients.
Do you find this post helpful? Please drop your comments below. And you can also leave your questions if you have other questions.
Don’t forget to visit our DIY section for more diy recipes. Thanks for reading :).