As previously stated in the previous article on the causes of dandruff, dandruff is not a health problem that should get you worried. Nevertheless, the dusty, flaky scales caused by dandruff can be so embarrassing.
The good news is that you can treat your dandruff problem right where you are with any of the quick fixes in this short read…you can even whip up some natural ingredients right in your kitchen.
How To Cure Dandruff With These Home Remedies
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is a high acidic ingredient that you can use to balance the pH of your scalp, preventing the growth of the yeast-causing microbes. Apple cider vinegar will also clean your hair follicles and pores, helping your skin cell to shed regularly and the sebum to flow without blockage.
- Take 4 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 4 Tablespoon of water.
- Mix the two in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture on your scalp.
- Wrap your head with a towel and let it sit for 10 minutes to 45 minutes.
- Wash your hair as usual. Do this twice to three times a week.
You may also:
- Add 20 drops of tea tree oil to 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Repeat the above step for a dandruff-free scalp
- Baking Soda – Baking soda can exfoliate your scalp, removing the dead, clogging keratin cell and also prevent the growth of the dandruff-causing yeast.
- Wet your hair and rub your scalp with some baking soda
- Leave the soda on your scalp for at least 15 minutes
- Do not shampoo your, just rinse your head with warm water
- Repeat for at least twice a week
- Aspirin (Salicylic Acid) – Many medicated shampoos contain salicylic acid, which is also an active ingredient in aspirin. Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxyl acid that you can use to exfoliate your skin.
- Take 4 tablets of aspirin
- Grind the aspirin and mix it with your regular shampoo (mix your aspirin in 4 tablespoons of shampoo)
- Apply the shampoo on your scalp and leave it on for 5 minutes
- Then wash it off
- Coconut oil and Lemon – Coconut oil mixed with lemon can improve your dry scalp, relieve itchy scalp, and eliminate dandruff.
- Take 4 Tablespoon and mix 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice into it
- Rub the mixture on your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes
- Rinse it off with your regular shampoo or with your aspirin-added shampoo
- Repeat for 2 to 3 times a week
- Olive oil or Castor oil – One of the causes of dandruff is a dry scalp. And that can be remedied by adding some virgin olive oil to moisturize Your scalp.
- Warm up 8 Tablespoon of olive or castor oil
- Massage the warm oil into your scalp and wrap your head with a towel
- Leave the oil on your scalp overnight
- Do this every two or three days
- Crush some garlic and mix it with honey to form a paste
- Apply it on your scalp and leave the mixture for 10 minutes
- Wash it off with your shampoo
- Aloe Vera – Sometimes, dandruff comes with an itchy To relieve the inflammation, you can rub some aloe vera gel into your scalp and rinse off with your regular shampoo.
- Tea tree oil – Add some few drops of tea tree in your Coconut oil, olive oil, or shampoo. Massage the mixture into your scalp and then rinse off with your regular shampoo