Salicylic acid is extracted from the back of the willow tree by treating it with antioxidant chemicals and filtered out to get salicylic acid. Salicylic acid uses for skin are immense and we will get to that shortly.
Salicylic acid can be combined with a lot of other ingredients to form a great exfoliator, scrub, moisturizer, etc.
Salicylic Acid Uses for Skin
- Salicylic acid is a great exfoliator. This lipid-soluble compound can dissolve dead cells and promote flawless skin. It is a Beta Hydroxyl Acid that also exfoliates deep into the pores
- Fades blemishes and acne scars – applying salicylic acid to your scars can fade them off
- Salicylic acid can fight your acne and pimples.
- Salicylic acid is used to open clogged pores
- Salicylic acid can control excess oil by breaking down fatty compounds in the skin
- Salicylic acid can be used to shrink large pores to give a glowing skin
- Salicylic acid is helpful in reducing the skin’s inflammation. It also comes in handy in the treatment of sunburn and eczema
- Salicylic acid promotes anti-aging by repairing damaged skin and increasing the collagen production of the skin
- Salicylic acid can combat your whiteheads and blackheads
- Salicylic acid can help to dissolve your wart
- Salicylic acid can remove dandruff easily
Side Effects of Salicylic Acid
- Frequent use of salicylic acid may darken your skin when exposed to the sunlight without proper cover (the use of sunscreen).
- Applying salicylic acid without a moisturizer like an aloe vera gel or honey can dry the skin
- Chemically manipulated salicylic acid can do a lot of harm to people with sensitive skin.