Salicylic acid is extracted from the back of willow tree by treating it with antioxidant chemicals and filtered out to get salicylic acid.
Salicylic acid can be combined with a lot of other ingredients to form a great exfoliator, scrub, moisturizer, etc.
Uses of Salicylic Acid
- Salicylic acid is a great exfoliator. This lipid soluble compound can dissolve dead cells and promote a flawless skin. It is a Beta Hydroxyl Acid that also exfoliates deep into the pores
- Fades blemishes and acne scars – applying salicylic acid on your scars can fade it off
- Salicylic acid can fight your acne and pimples.
- Salicylic acid is used to open clogged pores
- Salicylic acid can control excess oil by breaking down fatty compounds in the skin
- Salicylic acid can be used to shrink large pores to give a glowing skin
- Salicylic acid is helpful in reducing the skin’s inflammation. It also comes handy in the treatment of sunburn and eczema
- Salicylic acid promotes anti-aging by repairing a damaged skin and increasing the collagen production of the skin
- Salicylic acid can combat your whiteheads and blackheads
- Salicylic acid can help to dissolve your wart
- Salicylic acid can remove dandruff easily
Side Effects of Salicylic Acid
- Frequent use of salicylic acid may darken your skin when exposed to the sunlight without proper cover (the use of sunscreen).
- Applying salicylic acid without a moisturizer like an aloe vera gel or honey can dry the skin
- Chemically manipulated salicylic acid can do a lot of harm to people with sensitive skin.