Stearic Acid is a popular Amino Acid that is used to manufacture a lot of skin and hair care products. It may be listed as Glycon DP, Formula 300, Emersol 132, Emersol 120, Cetylacetic Acid, Century Acid, Century 1240.
Stearic Acid is found in the fats and oils of animals and plants.
Uses of Stearic Acid
- Stearic Acid is used as the hardener and thickener in the production of soap
- Stearic Acid property also helps to remove excess sebum, sweat, and dirt from the hair and skin
- Stearic Acid is also used in shampoos, body washes, cleansers, and other cosmetic products
- Stearic Acid prevents the oily ingredient from separating from the water ingredients
Side Effects of Stearic Acid
- Although Stearic Acid is naturally extracted and it is considered safe to the skin and hair. However, it can leave some allergic reactions on some skin…especially those with sensitive skins.