I wrote an article about some dangerous skin and hair ingredients you should avoid in your skin and hair care products. And in this article, you’ll be able to learn about some skin and hair enhancing ingredients that your body will so much appreciate.
The truth is, getting a product that is free from toxic skin and hair ingredients is very difficult. And like I always advise, it is better you create your skin and hair care products yourself. With that, you’ll be able to know everything that goes into your product.
Synthetic skin and hair ingredients are cheap. A litter of paraffin oil cost less than a dollar (350 naira) as at the date of publishing this article. Whereas, a litter of coconut oil is selling for between 1,500 to 2,000 naira ($5.7)…that’s almost 6 times more than the price of paraffin oil.
But that’s the only advantage. Considering the numerous advantages that naturally extracted oils and butter can have on your skin, hair, and nail, you’ll discover that the best you can do for your body is to replace all cheap, fast-action ingredients with natural ingredients.
Chemical skin and hair ingredients can disrupt your endocrine, cause hormone imbalance, create a lot of skin reactions, and in the worst case can lead to skin cancer.
Some Major Facts You Should Know
- The regulation of cosmetic products is slim
- Over 95% of the skin and hair care products are created using cheap petroleum jelly, wax, paraffin oil, and other crude extracted ingredients which will clog your pores, adding no benefit to your skin and hair
- The more chemicals you pack on your body, the more you damage your skin’s healing process, making you to age quickly
- Using these petroleum-based skin and hair ingredients is not good for the environment as well. The ozone layer is getting depleted…thanks to some of the effects of these pollutants.
Now The Top Natural Skin and Hair Ingredients You Should Consider In Your Hair and Skin Care Products
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil can help you to moisturize, cleanse your hair and skin. It can also prevent razor burn, heal scars and wounds, and be used to remove makeup. Read more about coconut oil.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe vera has a soothing property which makes it a perfect anti-inflammatory ingredient in your cosmetic products. It also fights itching and redness, heals sunburns, and serves as a natural remedy for the treatment of fungal diseases. Read more about Aloe Vera here.
- Shea Butter – Used as a natural skin care ingredient to moisturize the skin, fade scars, stretch marks, and the base ingredient in balm and skin and hair butter production. Read more about Shea Butter Here.
- Lemon – Just like other citrus, lemon contains citric acid that can be used to diminish acne breakouts, lighten and brighten the skin, fight aging, whiten the teeth, and to boost hair shine. More about lemon here.
- Almond Oil – This all skin type oil is very good for treating dryness, acne, and skin rashes. It also has antiseptic, antibacterial, and antibacterial properties. Read more about Almond Oil here.
- Castor Oil – This thick oil is very good for growing thick, full eyelash and scalp hair. It can also be used as the face cleanser and for moisturizing the skin. Read more about castor oil here.
- Avocado Oil – This carrier oil is rich in phytosterols, lecithin, healthy fats, minerals, and vitamins, leaving healing effects inside and outside of your body. Whenever you want to add shine and luster to your tired hair and skin, Avocado oil is an option to consider. Read more about Avocado oil here.
- Olive Oil – This heavy carrier Olive Oil contains Vitamin E, omega-9, squalene, oleic acid, healthy fats for healing and moisturizing your skin. More about Olive oil here.
- Sea Salts and Sugar – We have various types of sea salts and sugars. And what do they do? They help you polish your skin, revealing the inner, brighter, and glowing skin. We have the Epsom salt, Himalayan salt, brown sugar, white sugar, etc. Read more about brown and white sugar here.
- Honey – Raw honey, not sugar made, is a natural antiseptic, antimicrobial ingredient, fighting acne, dandruff, diaper dermatitis, psoriasis, and more. Read more about Honey here
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple Cider Vinegar contains high beneficial acetic acid and certain vitamins like magnesium and potassium that cleanse the skin and prevent dandruff on the hair. More about Apple Cider Vinegar Here
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea tree oil is a natural anti-fungal, antimicrobial, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory skin and hair care ingredients. Tea tree oil is a potent solution to your acne, dermatitis, etc. Read more about Tea Tree Oil here.
- Jojoba Oil – Experts find Jojoba Oil to be similar to our sebum. This oil is capable of fading fine lines and wrinkles, healing scars, sunburns, psoriasis, acne, and skin inflammation. Jojoba oil is also used for soothing the hair and skin. Read more about Jojoba oil here.
These are few of the ingredients you should have in your kitchen. We have thousands of other cosmetic ingredients that are skin and body friendly. Check more ingredients on our know your ingredient section.