The uses of oatmeal are so many. If you are looking for a potent natural ingredient for your skin or hair or both, then you should consider oatmeal.
Oatmeal is rich in fiber and protein. It is used as early as the 2000 BC by the Arabs and Egyptians to beautify the skin. It is also used by the Romans and Greeks for healing various skin challenges.
Oat can be converted to powder or boiled to extract its benefits, and it can combine perfectly with any other skin and hair-benefitting ingredient to achieve the below benefits.
Skin Uses of Oatmeal
- Oats, cooked oat, can be a great solution to acne
- Oats can serve as a skin moisturizer. It contains beta-glucan that penetrates deep into your skin to moisturize it
- Oats can relieve itchiness
- Oats can lighten your skin, smooth out blotchy areas, and improve your skin texture and tone.
- Oats can be used to treat chicken pox or ivy
- Oat milk can serve as a natural cleanser
- Oats can protect your skin from harsh chemicals and protects the skin against rashes, rosacea, eczema
Hair Uses of Oatmeal
- Oatmeal can get rid of itchiness and dryness in the hair
- Oats can be added to the shampoo to achieve a shiny and soft hair
- Oatmeal can be used to remove dirt and excess sebum from the hair
- Oats can be used in the treatment of dandruff
- Oat can help in achieving a long, shiny hair
Side Effects of Oatmeal
- Oatmeal is unlikely to cause any irritation. But when it does, please avoid the use of it
- Large ingestion of oats can cause bloating and intestinal gas
See other skin and hair ingredients that can give you the awesome benefit that you want