What are benefits of cinnamon? Should you even pay any bit of attention when it comes to natural ingredients? Read on.
Cinnamon is gotten from the inner bark of the tree genus Cinnamomum. It has been used for centuries in Chinese and Ayurvedic to cure indigestion, flu, cancer, etc. This spice contains iron, calcium, magnesium, and fiber…useful for enhancing the skin and hair.
It is best processed in powder form. Hence, it can be added to a wide range of ingredients to achieve a whole lot of hair and skin benefits.
Benefits of Cinnamon on Skin
- Cinnamon can cure blemishes, pimples, and acne. Make a paste with honey and your cinnamon powder and enjoy plastering your face with the mix. Watch your face become smooth and popping all over again.
- Cinnamon can restore suppleness and shine to the skin by removing the dead skin
- Cinnamon is a great complexion enhancer
- Cinnamon brings blood and oxygen to the surface of the skin, increasing the screen suppleness that can reduce or eliminate fine lines
- Applying cinnamon with honey combination to the skin can cure cuts and wounds, and eliminate skin infections like ringworm
- Cinnamon is a strong antioxidant and mixing it with lemon can give you smooth and soft feet
Benefits of Cinnamon Oil for Hair
- Cinnamon can stimulate hair growth when mixed with olive oil, honey, and egg. This mixture can also exfoliate the scalp
- Mixing cinnamon oil or powder with your hair conditioner can lighten your hair color
Other Uses for Cinnamon Oil and Powder
- Cinnamon can help to treat diabetes when ingested over a period of 2 to 3 months
- Cinnamon can combat bad breath
- Cinnamon can fight viruses and bacteria
Side Effects of Cinnamon
- Just like other ingredients, cinnamon may irritate your skin. Conduct a patch test to see if this natural ingredient will make a good addition to your cosmetic ingredients