Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, extracted from the fresh flowers of the Ylang Ylang Tree by steam distillation, has been used for thousands of years in cosmetics and Beauty products. It is commonly found in Asian rainforest (examples are Sumatra, Comoro, Philippines, and Java). The scientific name is Cananga adorata.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is slightly yellow with a sweet floral scent. It has a thin to medium consistency. It has a low irritation score, and its shelf life is between three to four years.
Skin Uses of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil treats wounds, prevents fungal, viral, and bacterial growth on it. It makes the healing process simple and smooth.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil treats eczema on the skin, scalp, and where ever you may have them, bringing instant relief to the inflammation and reducing the redness
- Ylang Ylang oil balances your skin’s oil and moisture content, keeping your skin hydrated, refreshed, and smooth so that you can maintain a glowing skin.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, when combined with any carrier oil to make a massage oil, will relieve muscle spasms, fight lethargy and fatigue. It will also relieve panic, stress, anxiety, and tension.
- The antiseptic properties of Ylang Ylang Oil makes it impossible for tetanus and sepsis to grow in your burns and cuts while accelerating the healing process
- The wonderful fragrance of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil increases sexual desire and make you feel more in the mood
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil balances the sebum production in the skin
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is loaded with antioxidants that are responsible for early aging signs like fine lines, crow’s feet, and wrinkles. Best result when combined with rose oil and geranium oil.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil brings instant relief to insect bites, rashes, and irritated skin
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil keeps acne at bay by controlling the sebum production in oily skins, and the antiseptic effect heals acne wounds.
- This essential oil treat boils if you have any on your skin
- Make your luxurious bath oil with a combination of Ylang Ylang oil and any carrier oil (coconut or almond oil will do just fine). Add ten drops of Ylang Ylang oil with three teaspoons of any carrier Add the combination to your warm bath water, soak yourself in for as long as you want, and come out smelling all perfect and attractive.
- Make your calming and relaxing body deodorant with this oil
Hair Uses of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- When combined with coconut oil and anise, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil kills head lice
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil stimulates hair growth so that you can grow a longer, thicker hair
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil treats scalp dryness and strengthens the hair when used as hot oil treatment
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil controls the secretion of sebum in the scalp, improving hair health and promoting healthy scalp
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil makes the hair looking shiny and silky
Precautions of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Do a patch test before using a skin or hair care product with Ylang Ylang Oil
- Avoid your eyes, nose, and ear as much as possible (for the concentrated Ylang Ylang oil)
- Use only topically, not orally
- Pregnant and nursing mums shouldn’t use Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Those with high blood pressure shouldn’t use this essential oil, and those with heart problem must consult their doctor
- Keep away from pet and kids
Side Effects of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Just like other essential oils, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil may leave some skin with inflammation – redness, bumps, itching, etc. If you experience any of these, please discontinue the use of this oil.